Friday, April 17, 2009

MIA

I know I'm a new blogger, but I have already went MIA :( I'm sorry, but I have a pretty good reason..

On Saturday, in the middle of scrapbooking (which is a challenge for me normally!), my tooth started to hurt. I didn't think much of it, my teeth are sensitive from brushing too hard as a kid, I have worn the enamel down. But by Easter afternoon I was on Orajel, 4 Advil and still crying on the couch in pain.

I called every dentist in NH until I found one to take me on Monday, and immediately discovered that I had a huge abscess in my tooth. I had to go for an emergency root canal. I went to the endodontist right away. The infection was so bad that they had to stitch a drain into my gums to get it out. And apparently novocaine and similar meds do not take as well in infected tissue, so I had three shots before I was numb. The drilled out the problem but could not complete the root canal. I had the drain out yesterday (and they almost couldn't get it out, and thought they had to anesthetize me again, but finally did it.) The put in a temporary filling but I have to go back to have the root canal finished and then to the dentist to have a crown put on. And we discovered that the dental insurance we enrolled in when Chad got this new job last year...apparently is nonexistent. So we have to pay all of this out of pocket...almost as painful as a throbbing face. I do have some pics of things I made with SAB stuff and I am making cards tomorrow night, so I hope I have something for you soon!

Hey...at least I scrapped 34 pages on Saturday :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh, bless your heart. I hate dental work, and am so sorry you were in such pain. Hope you're up to par soon! {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I am so sorry you are in such pain. There is nothing more awful than having a root canal, purely because of the amount of time your mouth is open.

    Hope you are feeling all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 34 pages is a wonderful accomplishment and I'm so sorry for your detail woes! And the expense! But whats a girl to do? Take care!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you poor thing! I just had a crown done this week and thought that was annoying...but that was NOTHING in comparison to you. Feel better soon and post when you're up to it. I am extremely jealous though that you got 34 pages done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally sympathize with you!! I just had a root canal Thursday on a tooth (mine isn't as bad as your's though). But this is the same tooth I had a crown on last October!! I do have insurance, but only at 50% and $150 deductible. So, I'm almost there with you, just not quite as much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 34 pages in one day!?!?! HOLY COW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 34 pages! Wow! I need to do a weekend like that! But not the dentist. That is one place I do not like going, so I am very sorry to hear of your dealings with it and multiple visits on top of that! Good luck with getting it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 34 pages! I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 done in a weekend much less one day! Way to go. Sorry about the tooth pain. I think it has to be one of the worst. Hope your doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I did good getting 8 done. You go girl. Sorry about the dentist, pain and bill.

    ReplyDelete